The first one we made almost immediately after getting engaged with the snazzy name of "Cody and Andi Get Hitched." Sure, it's better than some of the suggestions that popped up on the wedding website host such as "Cody and Andi Egle" (more on that assumption later) or "Andi Loves Cody" (hmm...apparently this relationship is supposed to be one-sided), but that's not saying much. Past adding a photo and filling out the story section, we never really did much with it.
About the time we started actually getting some real details worked out was when I decided a new name was necessary. So we brainstormed a list of ideas from favorite movie quotes. Points to anyone who can tell me what movie each is referencing.
- Abby Someone
- Abby Normal Wedding
- What Hump
- Exploding Toilets
- Trees Filled with Underwear
- And The Peasants Rejoiced
- Just A Flesh Wound
- Bring Out Your Dead
We both had our favorites, so my mother had to weigh in as the tie-breaking vote. Incidentally, she sided with her future-son-in-law. So, "And The Peasants Rejoiced" it was. We set up a new site. With all the main items starting to fall into place and photos of us actually looking cute (for once) we created a nice looking site with a fair amount of content.
But it was a website-for-dummies type of thing...I'll admit, that's usually about my speed, but not being able to customize our site was cramping my style, so...
...I took our snazzy new name and migrated it onto another platform that I'd heard awesome reviews about...only to find out that all those awesome reviews came from people that were actually willing to pay money and spend a lot of time developing their websites...yeah, no, so...
..I finally transferred our site to a platform that I'm actually familiar with, as a longtime blogger. It'll be a little different having our guests enter the site on our blog page (which will certainly have more than a few opinionated posts on it...what better way to introduce myself to my future out-laws?) but the information guests need to find us will still be easily accessible.
I said it the last time, but this time I mean it! This is our last wedding website!
Something happened on that last comment since I'm using my phone, but I do believe the last is a Monty Python reference. That's right, I've been watching that since I was 7.
ReplyDelete